Mermaid's Melody Ammonite Pendant Necklace
- Free U.S. shipping
- Biodegradable packaging
- Ethically sourced materials
- 10% profits donated to animals in need
Inspired by The Little Mermaid, this ammonite fossil pendant is a unique and magical addition to any sea-lover's jewelry collection. Keep this shell close and guard it well, and you just might hear the echo of a siren song.
Each necklaces is a labor of love. Our artist hand selects the ammonite for the best display of color. Then, using PMC (Precious Metal Clay), she sculpts clusters of barnacles that are put in a kiln to turn into sterling silver. After drilling a hole for the hemp and indentations for the barnacle placement, she uses a two part resin epoxy to adhere the silver to the fossil. Once the pendant is complete, she crochets the hemp around the beads and abalone shell to create the necklace. The entire process takes anywhere from 5 to 10 hours.
- Natural, untreated ammonite fossil displaying a rainbow sheen
- Pendant height ranges from 1.1" - 1.4"
- Ammonite is adorned with hand sculpted, one of a kind sterling silver barnacles
- 22" hand crocheted hemp beaded strand beaded with natural abalone shell pieces and glass beads
- Pewter toggle clasp
- Ships out in 2 weeks
- Lifetime warranty
- Includes care sheet
- Custom sizes, designs and alternative gemstone requests - please email firstname.lastname@example.org